Monday, June 1, 2009

West Texas Mission Opportunities:
Invitation to Prayer

Faces of Children is an ecumenical prayer ministry under the auspices of First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas. Our mission is to initiate ministries of prayer for children in churches, communities, and neighborhoods. In doing so, we seek to provide an opportunity for people of God to join together, learn about children and their needs throughout the world, and celebrate Christ's love (especially as it relates to children).

A message from Chris Laufer, Coordinator, Faces of Children

"To pray for one another is, first of all, to acknowledge, in the presence of God that we belong to each other as children of the same God… To pray, that is, to listen to the voice of the One who calls the ‘Beloved,’ is to learn that that voice excludes no one. Where I dwell, God dwells with me and where God dwells with me I find all my sisters and brothers. And so intimacy with God and solidarity with all people are two aspects of dwelling in the present moment that can never be separated.”
Here and Now, by Henri J.M. Nouwen

I am grateful to a Faces of Children intercessor in Midland who shares my enjoyment of Henri Nouwen’s words and emailed me this quote. Thank you, Joyce!

This coming Wednesday, June 3, 2009, we will gather to lift the children of the world in prayer. Please meet in the Bride’s room at First Presbyterian Church, Midland at 11:30 a.m. After prayer, we’ll have lunch ($5) and fellowship.

If you would like to share prayer celebrations or concerns about children or those who care for them, please send them to me at claufer@facesofchildren.net or give me a call. Thank you for your prayers for the children of the world!

Dwelling in the present moment,
Chris

No comments: