Tuesday, September 22, 2009

West Texas Mission Opportunities:
Invitation to Prayer

Faces of Children is an ecumenical prayer ministry under the auspices of First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas. Our mission is to initiate ministries of prayer for children in churches, communities, and neighborhoods. In doing so, we seek to provide an opportunity for people of God to join together, learn about children and their needs throughout the world, and celebrate Christ's love (especially as it relates to children).

A message from Chris Laufer, Coordinator, Faces of Children

"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out-plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for."

"When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me."

"Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed."

Jeremiah 29:11-14, "The Message" by Eugene Peterson

Greetings, Faces of Children Intercessor,

Isn't it comforting to know that when we call on God, when we pray to God, we are heard? This promise in Jeremiah refreshes and encourages me.

I also find comfort in knowing that God promises not to abandon us and believe that promise is extended to everyone, even the smallest, most vulnerable ones of our world. I pray that a multitude of people will rise up to share this Good News with our littlest sisters and brothers around the world. Will you join me in this prayer?

On Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 11:30 a.m., we'll meet to pray for the children of our communities and our world in the Bride's Room at First Presbyterian Church, Midland. Lunch ($5) and a time of fellowship will follow.

If you have concerns or celebrations about children that you’d like included on the prayer list, please send it to me at claufer@facesofchildren.net or give me a call. Thank you for your faithfulness in lifting children before God in prayer.

Encouraged and refreshed by God's promises,
Chris

No comments: