Thursday, May 26, 2011

Word from Uganda: "Look what the Lord has done!"

Missionary teacher Natalie Rolfe writes, "'When He calls me, I will answer ... I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.' My call was Mbale, Uganda and that is where I have returned to serve for another year. Specifically, I am teaching phonics at Lulwanda Children's Home, an orphanage and school for 90 kids." Natalie also keeps an online journal of her service at the weblog, When He calls me, I will answer ...

Look what the Lord has done!

When I arrived on May 2, 2007 for a three month internship, there were 45 children who shared one dormitory (boys on one side, girls on the other), 16 staff, 2 house mothers, school was happening in the main hall, and children were rushed into town for any medical problem.

Now there are 110 children sleeping in three beautiful housing quarters, over 20 staff, 4 house mothers, a fully registared school that educated 170 children last term, and a clinic on site to serve the medical needs of the LCH children and staff.
CLICK HERE to read the rest of Natalie's post




If you are interested in supporting LCH by sponsoring one of the 90 children, go to ugandaorphans.org/ If you are interested in financially supporting Natalie in her mission, you can send checks (with "Natalie Rolfe" in memo) to: Midland Bible Church, 2800 North A Street, Midland, TX 79705

No comments: