Thursday, June 9, 2011

Word from Uganda: "Make new friends but keep the old ..."

Missionary teacher Natalie Rolfe writes, "'When He calls me, I will answer ... I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.' My call was Mbale, Uganda and that is where I have returned to serve for another year. Specifically, I am teaching phonics at Lulwanda Children's Home, an orphanage and school for 90 kids." Natalie also keeps an online journal of her service at the weblog, When He calls me, I will answer ...

Make new friends but keep the old ...

It is definitely a season of changes. Dry season starting to become rainy season. New sisters added to LCH. School holiday schedule. S1 coming home for holiday. Preparing for summer visitors. And housemates'/friends' time of ministry in Uganda coming to an end.

[Here] are my lovely housemates. Sadly, two of them have already returned to America and the other departs early June. And not just for a break, but for good. When I arrived in March, at my first dinner back with my friends, I asked who was leaving and when. Sadly, the days continue to come and many of my close missionary friends are moving on to the next season of their life.

CLICK HERE to read the rest of Natalie's post




If you are interested in supporting LCH by sponsoring one of the 90 children, go to ugandaorphans.org/ If you are interested in financially supporting Natalie in her mission, you can send checks (with "Natalie Rolfe" in memo) to: Midland Bible Church, 2800 North A Street, Midland, TX 79705

No comments: