Saturday, September 10, 2011

In the News ... "Midlander stuck in NYC meets angel to help him through 9/11"

By Jeremy Connor
Contributor
Midland Reporter-Telegram

MIDLAND, TEXAS - My former career as an employee for a major airline led to 10 years of fantastic adventures. On one such adventure I planned to visit New York City. My trip would be very brief, but I decided on a few simple goals: see the Statue of Liberty, ride a subway and catch the Red Sox vs. Yankees game at Yankee Stadium.

The weather on the morning of Sept. 9, 2001 was windy and cool as I departed my small Midland apartment. My flight to Dallas/Fort Worth was on schedule. Free air travel for employees was a great incentive the airline offered and I took advantage of it as often as possible. When I landed in DFW, I found my connecting flight without any trouble.
CLICK HERE to read the rest of the MRT story

No comments: