Saturday, August 4, 2012

In the News ... "Volunteers make up heart of Rock the Desert"

The 13th annual Rock the Desert Festival, "Don't Stop Believin,'" takes place August 2-4 at the organization's festival grounds on FM 1788, and will feature 33 bands, a duo of speakers and a motorcross stunt act.

By Jon Vanderlaan
Reporter
Odessa American


MIDLAND, TEXAS - Selling CDs and merchandise at Rock the Desert, Midland College student Jacob Nicholas said he felt like he needed to help at the three-day festival.

So he became a volunteer.

“I felt like God wanted me here and they needed help,” he said. “I could have been out there doing other stuff, but I feel like God wanted me here.”

Nicholas said he likes seeing the change that happens in people, and it’s one reason he enjoys doing the volunteer work.

But at the end of the day, he said he wouldn’t care what he was doing at the festival, as long as he was a part of it.

“I wouldn’t mind picking up trash out here and telling people about Jesus Christ,” Nicholas said. “I’d do anything.

CLICK HERE to read the rest of the OA story

No comments: