Monday, February 9, 2015

In the News ... "A career leading worship"

OA Photo by Edyta Blaszczyk
• Longtime FBC Odessa music minister Curtis Brewer looks to finish strong, eyes retirement

By Bob Campbell, Reporter
Odessa American

ODESSA, TEXAS - For a man who has been in Odessa since 1982 and made his career as a music minister here, Curtis Brewer was awfully uncertain about it.

“When I first saw Odessa, I said it was the ugliest place on earth,” said Brewer, whose title at the First Baptist Church in Odessa is associate worship pastor. “I turned it down three times. Then I said to my wife Marilyn, ‘I can’t get Odessa off my mind. God is beating me to death over it. I can’t get any peace.’

“And she said, ‘I can’t, either.’ ”

So they moved from Montgomery, Alabama, and are happy they did ...

read the rest of this OA report ...


No comments: