Thursday, January 21, 2016

Midland woman seeks help this weekend with Habitat for Humanity build

Hello all,

Well it’s a new year and I am at it again. I am ready to get the building of my home behind me so that I can focus on my last full year of college and other upcoming events. Being a Midland Habitat for Humanity 2015 recipient I would like to request your assistance once again. As part of being a 2015 recipient, I must reach 350 hours on the build. The Habitat community has set a deadline in which these hours must be complete, and It is crucial that I have at least another 85 hours by the first of February and with your help I can reach this goal.

These hours will go towards the building of my home and any hours left over can be donated to another family that is a part of Habitat for Humanity. This will be the last time that I will be able to bring a large group to help on the building of my new home.

The volunteer day is Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 9:00 am located at Ortloff Ct. (Directly across the street from the new Bunche Elementary School, behind the 3 houses that sit there in the front). Volunteers are more than welcome to stay all day or just part of the day; however all day is encouraged. lunch is between 12:00 and 1:00 pm (most locations end at 4:30pm, or whenever everything is completed and cleaned).

If you are able to volunteer please send me an email as soon as possible so that I can notify Habitat. If you have volunteered and are not able to make it, please contact me at least a day ahead of time so that I can notify Habitat as there may be another family that can take that spot.

Please be sure to mark your calendars on this date if you have pledged to volunteer, also a reminder email will be sent out prior to the day. If there are volunteers under the age of 18 a waiver for minors has to be completed and returned upon their arrival to the site.

Thanks in advance!

Nikki Lewis
Midland, Texas

No comments: