Monday, February 27, 2023

From Catholic Charities USA ... "Lent Daily Reflection" for February 27

Monday of the First Week of Lent

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.
Matthew 25: 35-36

How familiar we are with this Gospel, as it is at the core of our work at Catholic Charities. We have it in our mission statements, headlining our marketing materials and embedded in our orientations. We know of the needs in front of us and the importance of the tasks we are called to- feeding, clothing, visiting and welcoming.

Personally, I will admit that I have seen and prayed over this scripture passage so many times that I can fall into the trap of thinking I know it fully ...

Read the rest of today's reflection ...



The mission of Catholic Charities is to provide service to people in need, to advocate for justice in social structures, and to call the entire church and other people of good will to do the same. Catholic Charities is a network of charities with headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia. The organization serves millions of people a year, regardless of their religious, social, or economic backgrounds.

No comments: