Tuesday, August 11, 2009

West Texas Mission Opportunities:
Invitation to Prayer

Faces of Children is an ecumenical prayer ministry under the auspices of First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas. Our mission is to initiate ministries of prayer for children in churches, communities, and neighborhoods. In doing so, we seek to provide an opportunity for people of God to join together, learn about children and their needs throughout the world, and celebrate Christ's love (especially as it relates to children).

A message from Chris Laufer, Coordinator, Faces of Children

"Christ be with me, Christ within me
Christ behind me, Christ before me
Christ beside me, Christ to win me
Christ to comfort me and restore me.
Christ beneath me, Christ above me
Christ in quiet, Christ in danger
Christ in hearts of all that love me
Christ in mouth of friend or stranger."

"St. Patrick's Breastplate" by St. Patrick ( www.catholic.org/prayers )

Greetings, Faces of Children Prayer Partner,

I promised more Celtic prayers in the last emailing and have included a version of St. Patrick's prayer above. I spent a good portion of one day trying to locate this prayer online after hearing it in a program last spring. Next week, I'll share a different version of "St. Patrick's Breastplate."

We will come together to pray for the children of the world this Wednesday, August 12, 2009 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bride's Room at First Presbyterian Church, Midland. Following our prayer time, we'll have lunch ($5) and fellowship. I hope you'll be able to join us.

Thank you again for praying for children so faithfully and frequently! Your compassion and love of the least of these is praiseworthy! If you would like to share a celebration or concern about children, please send it to me at claufer@facesofchildren.net or give me a call.

May Christ be beside you always,
Chris

No comments: