Sunday, August 21, 2011

Video Vault: "And now, for something completely different"

The following falls well outside my usual 'Video Vault' materials ... but I decided to go ahead and share it with you, anyway, after an email I received from Elizabeth Potter of Unity Productions Foundation, on behalf of their myfellowamerican.us project.

"America was built on the principles of equality and basic human rights for all. Recent mosque protests and congressional hearings on American Muslims are all unfortunate examples of a rising tide of fear that lead to intolerance and inequality," she wrote. "This climate of suspicion towards our fellow Americans compromises the great values that our country was founded upon. We've put together a 2-minute film in response that I believe you and the readers of West Texas Missioner will be interested in sharing, watching, and discussing."

I've watched it, I'm sharing it, and I'm ready to discuss it with you ... at the very least how it might address our mission of reaching out to people of other faiths, and sharing with them the Word, and the love of Jesus Christ.

No comments: