Monday, December 19, 2011

Invitation to Prayer

Faces of Children is an ecumenical prayer ministry under the auspices of First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas. Our mission is to initiate ministries of prayer for children in churches, communities, and neighborhoods. In doing so, we seek to provide an opportunity for people of God to join together, learn about children and their needs throughout the world, and celebrate Christ's love (especially as it relates to children).

Forever
The one who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! Revelation 22:20

“In the sending of your Son, O God, I see the depth, the height, the breadth of your love for me. Not only as I peer into his manger…nor as I ponder his cross. I need to gaze into the open tomb as well. It is there I see that this relationship you have so painstakingly pursued with me will last forever! It changes me. It alters my living. Because it makes me eternal and eternally beloved. That cannot help but change the way I treat every person I ever meet. That cannot help but encourage me to invite them into relationship with you. As I leave your manger, point me toward your cross…and beyond! Make me eager to share your ever-living love!”


Stirring up Advent: Daily Prayers for the Season, by Peter Mead

A message from Chris Laufer, Coordinator, Faces of Children

Greetings, Faces of Children Prayer Partner,

As I glanced at the calendar to make sure I’d typed the correct date, I noted with a bit of apprehension that we are ten days away from Christmas. This devotion by Peter Mead has been helpful in redirecting my focus. It’s helped me shift from worry about what still isn’t done for the holiday to celebration about the very best gifts available to us all—a newborn in a manger, an empty cross, an open tomb, a love that is unconditional and unending. Thanks be to God!

May your Christmas be full of the celebration of these gifts and the knowledge that you are eternally beloved!

Please join us in prayer for children on Wednesday, December 21, 2011, at 11:30 a.m. in the Bride's room at First Presbyterian Church-Midland. The kitchen will be closed that day, so we will not be having lunch at the church.

If you have requests about children, those who care for them, those who have authority over them, or those who harm them (the really hard prayers to say sometimes), please send them to me at at claufer@facesofchildren.net, or give me a call. Thank you for your faithfulness in prayer for the children of our world.

Christ’s peace and joy to you and yours,

Chris

No comments: