Monday, March 26, 2018

In the News ... “Abilene Christian University bans same-sex relationships for some student employees"

Wikimedia Commons Photo by Keithimus
• After the decision, leaders of the West Texas university affiliated with Churches of Christ said their “first instinct is not exclusion but to love.”

Shannon Najmabadi, Reporter
Texas Tribune

ABILENE, TEXAS - When Ryan Clements, a 25-year-old alumnus of Abilene Christian University, found out his alma mater was planning to ban some students’ same-sex dating relationships, he said it “hit home in a big way.”

Clements, an openly gay Christian, said he felt pained “that a school that I loved and that gave me so much and that I tried to pour myself into when I was there would take this kind of action against students like me” ...

 • read the rest of this TT report ..

No comments: