Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Word from Uganda: "Sabbatical Send Off "

Missionary teacher Natalie Rolfe writes, "'When He calls me, I will answer ... I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.' My call was Mbale, Uganda and that is where I have returned to serve for another year. Specifically, I am teaching phonics at Lulwanda Children's Home, an orphanage and school for 90 kids." Natalie also keeps an online journal of her service at the weblog, When He calls me, I will answer ...


Sabbatical Send Off

"t was a typical Friday in the office at LCH. Friday fellowship had ended and I had a few loose ends to tie up before I left for my long sabbatical. Tomorrow was Tr. Francis’ wedding at the church behind LCH, so there was some noise in the main hall. I could hear tables moving and chairs being stacked, I assumed in preparation for his big day. Earlier that week I had received a school notice of the next weeks plans for testing (and therefore schedule changes). On it included a “Prayer send off for the coordinator” on Monday.

While I was busy in the office, Head Master William walked in proclaiming with a big smile, “Na-talie, I want to give you a stern warning. Are you ready?” A bit confused I said yes ..."

 • read the rest of Natalie's post ...

 • help raise funds for Natalie's mission ...

No comments: