Thursday, October 20, 2016

From Uganda, Dr. Greg Bartha: "Home"

In describing himself and his present circumstances, longtime Midland physician Dr, Greg Bartha will say ... "Elderly physician embarks on a new journey in life serving God and the people of Uganda. My goal is to move from living a good life to living a great life." In addition to his long-term mission, working at a medical clinic in Uganda, he is also a contributor to the Formula Vita blog.



Home

On September 22nd of last year, I embarked on my journey to Midland, Texas for a six week break. Two weeks were to be spent in Belize working with a hospice organization there. My anticipation of return gradually increased from my birthday in August. I was looking forward to seeing my friends and spending some time with my cats, and had many business matters to address as well. Though I was enthusiastic about returning, I had settled into a good routine in Uganda and felt a bit sad about leaving my work and friends there. Simon Peter was to join me for the last two weeks to help with raising awareness of the work and fund raising. I was also going to show him more of America by taking him on a brief trip to San Antonio ...

CLICK HERE to read the rest of Greg's post ...

No comments: