Wednesday, October 12, 2016

WAW Wednesday ... It's time to pray this prayer on our behalf once again

"The Word at Work is a ministry that mobilizes churches and individuals to answer God's call to minister to those in need," writes Rev. Tim Tam, Director of the Amarillo, Texas-based ministry. "Through our relationships, God reveals needs and opportunities for service. As we come along side the poor, new friendships develop and doors for ministry open. As we serve, God provides the resources to supply for the needs he reveals."


It's time to pray this prayer on our behalf once again

Dear Friends and Partners,

You may not hear from me for a while. . .

I hope that got your attention because I'm excited about the news I have to share — for the next six months I will be on sabbatical. God is calling me aside for a time to go deeper with Him and to solidify his vision for the next phase of The Word at Work.

Fourteen years ago God gave us a vision for that which is now TWAW. It's been a miraculous and highly educational journey. We know that the best is yet to come! We need to re-strategize and reorganize for that which is ahead. We've grown in our effectiveness and our impact but the needs and opportunities that God lays at our doorstep far exceed what we are able address.

In short, it's time for us to take the core of what we do well and multiply it.

Early on our prayer support team stormed the gates of heaven on our behalf using the Old Testament prayer of Jabez:

"Now Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, "Oh that You would bless me indeed and enlarge my borders, and that Your hand might be with me, and that You would keep me from harm.” 1Chronicles 4:10

It has been a wild ride since then … there was even a time when I asked them to stop praying. We are now at a threshold of seeing an even greater impact. It's time to pray this prayer on our behalf once again.

During my sabbatical, Mollie Swafford will be sitting in my chair. We have been rigorously preparing her to function as the Acting Executive Director and during my absence I have authorized her to speak and act on my behalf. My email and phone won’t be on, so you’ll want to communicate with her: (806) 654-5773, mollie@twaw.org . Ministry will continue as usual! We are gearing up for the annual Christmas project! Teams are headed to Belize each month! Sending 3 shipping containers in October! Relationships and partnerships will continue growing!

Our current Board of Directors is stronger and more engaged than any time in our history. I will be in communication with them regularly, and through them in communication with you.

If you are willing, here's where I need your help:

1. Please pray for me that I will slow down to hear from God (likely my biggest challenge);

2. Pray for the staff and board of The Word at Work;

3. Pray for God to protect us and to enlarge our borders (1 Chron 4:10);

4. Pray for God to raise up leaders and provide resources for this Kingdom expansion.

Thank you for joining us in this exciting journey with God.

Thanks for being the Word at Work!

tt (Tim Tam)
The Word at Work

ps: Our Ministry Associate team gathers school supplies, toys, and stuffed animals through out the year ... we've discovered blankets are an ongoing need as well, so please be saving them, too. Click here to learn more about becoming a TW@W Ministry Associate, or get in touch with Tim Hagen for more information!



EDITOR'S NOTE: Speaking from my own first-hand experience - working side-by-side with Tim, Kenny and our brothers and sisters in Belize - won't you give thoughtful, prayerful consideration to supporting the efforts of Tim, the Word At Work staff and their partners? Please please fill out this Commitment Card and return it to their office!

Also, remember that you can follow The Word At Work on their Facebook page!


No comments: