Thursday, April 13, 2017

Today in the PC-USA Mission Yearbook


The Mission Yearbook for Prayer and Study is a daily devotional with 365 inspiring mission stories that come from next door and all across the globe. It inspires thousands of Presbyterians daily as they uphold the mission of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) in intercessory prayer.


Today in the Mission Yearbook: April 13, 2017

PRESBYTERIAN WOMEN: INTERGENERATIONAL VALENTINE'S DAY - The last thing that Laura Raffle wants to do on Valentine’s Day is have dinner out at a crowded restaurant.

“Although we of course recognize the holiday, I find Valentine’s Day to be a bit overrated in terms of romantic love,” says Raffle, a member of the 1,300-member First (Scots) Presbyterian Church in historic downtown Charleston, S.C. “What I really love is the fact that it’s a fun day for my kids to get a special treat and to make Valentine’s Day cards, especially my four-year-old daughter, who is just learning how to write. For me it’s all about showing my love to my kids and my friends, especially my women friends.” ...

CLICK HERE to read more.

No comments: