Friday, February 19, 2021

In the News ... "Commentary: Boroski shows us the way to be better Midlanders"

MRT Photo by Tim Fischer
“Next time we get in a situation like this, we need to be proactive”

By Stewart Doreen, Editor
Midland Reporter-Telegram

MIDLAND, TEXAS - There are often people that I meet who make me feel I don’t do as much as I should be doing.

That is certainly is the case with Karl Boroski.

While I worry about getting a little extra sleep or catching up with recorded television shows, he’s out raising money to pay off students’ lunch debt and buying dozens of sleeping bags for people without a bed -- or home for that matter.

This week is another example where I really just don’t measure up. When I called the executive director Rope Youth and Backyard Midland Ministryn>, he was buying pillows to take over to True-Lite Christian Fellowship's cold weather shelter ...

 • Read the rest of this MRT report ...

No comments: