Sunday, June 26, 2022

Today in the PC-USA Mission Yearbook


The Mission Yearbook for Prayer and Study is a daily devotional with 365 inspiring mission stories that come from next door and all across the globe. It inspires thousands of Presbyterians daily as they uphold the mission of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) in intercessory prayer.

Photo by Donna Frischknecht Jackson
Today in the Mission Yearbook: June 26, 2022

SEEING WITH THE HEART - One early spring morning, I gazed upon my property that I had lovingly named “Old Stone Well Farm.” It was far from being a farm, but in my heart, I treasured its potential and held tightly to what I have come to call its “still-to-comes.”

I could see the yet-to-be planted fruit trees surrounding the gnarly old apple tree. I could see that much-needed barn finally standing at the base of the hill. I could see the goat pen arriving and placed near the chicken coop. (I will give a prize to the Presbyterians Today reader who counts the number of times I have mentioned my desire for raising goats!) As the sun rose, with it rose my hope that those “still-to-comes” were not just wistful dreaming. Despite plans being put on hold for one reason or another, I could see with my heart what was not visible to the eyes ...

CLICK HERE to read more.

No comments: