Monday, September 11, 2023

From @mmm_water ... 2023 Well Season: Daily Devotional

September 1 - October 31 is Marion Medical Mission Well Season for 2021. The season will include daily devotionals - one for each day the U.S. volunteers are overseas, sharing the love of Jesus by providing safe, clean, sustainable sources of drinking water to the extreme poor in sub-Saharan Africa. Marion Medical Mission is one of our mission partners at Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas, and we STRONGLY encourage you to read these devotions to learn more about - and pray for! - their mission.

September 11, 2023

GOD'S CALL
Carol Nussbaumer
Volunteer, Colorado

"… for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.” omans 11:29

More than 25 years ago, I believe God called me to go to Malawi and teach the deaf. If you are reading this in Malawi, preparing to travel to Malawi, or committing to support the program in prayer, I believe you also have been called.

The Bible is filled with stories of those whom God called. Many of them responded “Why me? I can’t do this.” Remember Moses? And Jonah? And many others. The immediate reaction for us seems to be “no I can’t – I don’t know how.”

When you are called to help install wells in Africa, God has also prepared you with the skills and mental set you will need. In all likelihood, you will realize that He has been preparing you all your life for just this task. Did you learn to drive on a stick shift? Guess what? Your Toyota has one. Have you ever had to overcome a tough physical challenge? You will again as you travel around rural Africa installing wells. Maybe you were taught as a child to have patience and to love others. Both very important virtues when you are part of MMM. Talking with and getting to know people in the villages is important! You may never see each other again, so take a few minutes to burn their faces and voices onto your heart. They will certainly remember you when they come for clean water and may even tell their children and grandchildren about the day the mzungu came to the village and gave this well.

Paul says the “call” is irrevocable – God does not change His mind. You may be called for just one trip with MMM, or God may move you to come again and again. We may choose to explain to Him why we really can’t go do this, but remember the saying “If you want to make God laugh, tell God your plans.” Better to say “Here I am, Lord, use me.”

Application Question: oday, how can I best respond to God’s call in my life?

Prayer: Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord? I have heard You calling in the night. I will go, Lord, if You lead me. I will hold Your people in my heart.
---hymn “Here I Am, Lord” by Daniel L. Schutte



Looking for Easy Ways to Help?

Follow us on social media! Liking, commenting on, and sharing our posts helps increase our exposure so that new supporters will find us! Writing a quick, 5-star review on Google or recommending us on Facebook are also great ways to share our mission!

Visit Our Website ...


No comments: