Tuesday, September 19, 2023

From @mmm_water ... 2023 Well Season: Daily Devotional

September 1 - October 31 is Marion Medical Mission Well Season for 2023. The season will include daily devotionals - one for each day the U.S. volunteers are overseas, sharing the love of Jesus by providing safe, clean, sustainable sources of drinking water to the extreme poor in sub-Saharan Africa. Marion Medical Mission is one of our mission partners at Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas, and we STRONGLY encourage you to read these devotions to learn more about - and pray for! - their mission.

September 19, 2023

FEAR NOT
Francine Snider
Volunteer, Illinois

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

After over 25 years of wanting to go with Marion Medical Mission, I sold the goats, butchered the rabbits and gifted my 40 laying hens to a young couple. A heavy silence settled over the farm and my heart while I waited to be accepted as a volunteer. It seemed like an eternity.

I finally landed in Lilongwe, Malawi in October 2019.

All the volunteers converge at the same airport at the same time from all over the United States. We were loaded into MMM trucks and headed out. I was tired, excited, questioning my decision, and praying I would help make a difference in the lives of the African people. Praying I was doing God’s will.

I leaned my forehead against the window as we moved through the city into the countryside. In my loud jumble of thoughts came a whisper, a clear whisper “my child, look, your goats, I have brought you to your goats.” The countryside was scattered with goats, a beautiful white buck standing proud among them.

My heart settled; I was reminded God has a plan for me, and would be with me through this journey.

Application Question: Has there been a time in your life that you have prayed for God’s guidance and then questioned your decision?

Prayer: Heavenly Father, Thank You for your unconditional love. Forgive me when I doubt Your presence in my life. I ask Your help in always knowing You are with me at all times. Amen



Looking for Easy Ways to Help?

Follow us on social media! Liking, commenting on, and sharing our posts helps increase our exposure so that new supporters will find us! Writing a quick, 5-star review on Google or recommending us on Facebook are also great ways to share our mission!

Visit Our Website ...


No comments: