Thursday, November 26, 2009

Word from Uganda: "From Orphan to Queen"

Missionary teacher Natalie Rolfe writes, "'When He calls me, I will answer ... I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.' My call was Mbale, Uganda and that is where I have returned to serve for another year. Specifically, I am teaching phonics at Lulwanda Children's Home, an orphanage and school for 90 kids." Natalie also keeps an online journal of her service at the weblog, When He calls me, I will answer ...

From Orphan to Queen
"I have been so grateful to be able to really grow and understand a different culture outside of my own. What I mean is that many times when people do mission trips for a week or so, they get to see some of culture, but really haven’t even seen how things work.”

"Having lived in Uganda for 2 years now, I have seen and experienced how many things work. What got me thinking about this is was our Friday fellowship at LCH. It is a wonderful time that we have as staff and kids all together, where we sing, pray, and someone shares the Word. Through these fellowships and Sunday services at Church, I have come to my own conclusion that although the Gospel is the same and True everywhere, for every culture, the way it is celebrated and interpreted is different."
CLICK HERE to read the rest of Natalie's post
_____________________

If you are interested in supporting LCH by sponsoring one of the 90 children, go to www.ugandaorphans.org If you are interested in financially supporting Natalie in her mission, you can send checks (with "Natalie Rolfe" in memo) to: Midland Bible Church, 2800 North A Street, Midland, TX 79705

No comments: