Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Word from Uganda: "A Bridal Party Hijacking"

Missionary teacher Natalie Rolfe writes, "'When He calls me, I will answer ... I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.' My call was Mbale, Uganda and that is where I have returned to serve for another year. Specifically, I am teaching phonics at Lulwanda Children's Home, an orphanage and school for 90 kids." Natalie also keeps an online journal of her service at the weblog, When He calls me, I will answer ...

A Bridal Party Hijacking


"It is hard to really describe life in Uganda sometimes. A few words might be friendly, slow (we call this African time), relationship focused, last minute and definitely random. It is the daily random events that are hard to fully explain and over time, despite the intensity of the randomness, events happen and you are not thrown off guard or really all that surprised. Where most people would say, 'I can’t believe this happened!' or 'I can’t believe I saw this or that!,' here it is more of 'I can’t believe this, but actually, I kinda can. This is Africa.' TIA ..."

 • read the rest of Natalie's post ...

 • help raise funds for Natalie's mission ...

No comments: