Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Invitation to Prayer from Faces of Children ... Tomorrow

Faces of Children is an ecumenical prayer ministry under the auspices of First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas. Their mission is to initiate ministries of prayer for children in churches, communities, and neighborhoods. In doing so, they seek to provide an opportunity for people of God to join together, learn about children and their needs throughout the world, and celebrate Christ's love (especially as it relates to children).

Invitation to Prayer ... Tomorrow

Hi Friends,

If you're in town and free, please join us to pray together on Wednesday at 11:00 a.m., in the gym conference room at First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas.

Please note the new time. We are trying this for one semester so that we have less time conflict with the new women's Bible study that is starting on Wednesdays at 11:30.

Also, Faces of Children is now on Facebook! I invite you to like our page so that you can see regular stories, prayer needs, and updates from partner ministries.

All the best,

Carrie



You have searched me, Lord,and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn,if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.
Psalm 139:1-12


Dear Intercessors,

Some stories don't make the news... and the private stories of grief and fear; loss and sorrow don't often make headlines. Each week some of the high school students who come to our building for lunch fill out little prayer cards, giving us a glimpse into their private stories. Here are a few of them, in their own words:

I need a prayer request for God to bring someone to love me and for a job and to take all my pain away.

I am currently homeless and would like to be prayed for.

Pray for my grandpa to get better with his cancer and that God can take it away. His name is Manuel.

Please pray for my loving mother, Helen, and my father in Heaven, Jerome.

Sometimes, as I'm helping refill sodas and pass out napkins to the students filing past, I make eye contact with a few of them. Are you the one who is homeless? I wonder. Is your little brother/grandpa/dad the one fighting cancer? Are you going to have dinner tonight? They don't have signs on their shirts identifying their individual burdens and stories, but somehow the weight they are carrying on their shoulders seems as tangible as the heaviest of backpacks.


We may not know their stories, but we know the One who does. And it's certainly not just these students. This week, will you pray with me for God's Holy Spirit to reveal how He would have you minister to the people he puts in your path? He can reveal the hidden things and make what is in the dark come to the light. He can give us insight and God-perspective and His Father's heart for those we encounter. And as we walk in the power of this knowledge and speak truth and love to the brokenhearted, we are part of His redemptive plan; bringing His children safely to His lap, laying them at the feet of Jesus.

Praying with you,
Carrie

PS: If you wish to receive a weekly list of prayer requests from Midland High Students, please let me know.

Carrie J. McKean
Faces of Children Director
First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas
(432) 684-7821 x153



If you have prayer requests about children, those who care for them, those who have authority over them, or those who harm them (the really hard prayers to say sometimes), please send them to info@facesofchildren.net

No comments: