Wednesday, December 27, 2017

WAW Wednesday ... "12.27.17 -- The Final Word"


"The Word at Work is a ministry that mobilizes churches and individuals to answer God's call to minister to those in need," writes Rev. Tim Tam, Director of the Amarillo, Texas-based ministry. "Through our relationships, God reveals needs and opportunities for service. As we come along side the poor, new friendships develop and doors for ministry open. As we serve, God provides the resources to supply for the needs he reveals."



WAW Wednesday: "12.27.17 -- The Final Word"

Friends,

Here we are at the end of the year, the traditional time to take a look back and evaluate. I started the process six months ago, pondering 15 amazing years since this ministry began.

And as I look down the long, long slope I'm tempted to ask….. "How is it possible that we've made it this far?"


But the answer comes to my tongue even before I finish the question.

"By the grace of God!"

God began this work.

God sustains this work and his foot prints are all over it. And as far as what lies ahead ...

This Christmas season I found myself surrounded by an unusually high amount of discouragement.

Friends struggling with sickness and other troubles. Discouraging news, be it political, economic, cultural, or natural disasters filling the air waves.

But as I look forward I rest in this thought: God will have the final word!

As I look forward, I take joy in what he has already said:
   By his doing I am in Christ Jesus. 1 Cor. 1:30
   No one can snatch me out of his hand. Jn. 10:28-29
   Nothing can separate me from the love of God. Rom. 8:38
   His kingdom will come and every knee will bow to Christ. Phil. 2:10
   Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end. Isa. 9:7

As I look forward, I can say with confidence
   Though I don't know what tomorrow holds,
   I do know Who holds tomorrow.

Expect a blessed New Year,

Tim Tam
#wearethewordatwork



And don't forget about my birthday.

December 30 ...
Yes only three shopping days left!

But truthfully, I don't want my friends showering me with presents AGAIN this year.

Instead, you could make an end-of-the-year donation to TWAW in honor of my birthday!

And for those of you or not yet my friends, well, here's your chance! Click on the Donate button below. The options are endless!

Yes, my friendship can be bought ... for a limited time only ... this offer of friendship expires December 31, 2017!

(Birthday hat photo courtesy of Mollie Swafford.)




EDITOR'S NOTE: Speaking from my own first-hand experience - working side-by-side with Tim, Kenny and our brothers and sisters in Belize - won't you give thoughtful, prayerful consideration to supporting the efforts of Tim, the Word At Work staff and their partners? Please please fill out this Commitment Card and return it to their office!

Also, remember that you can follow The Word At Work on their Facebook page!


No comments: