Sunday, June 17, 2018

Teichert Family Update ... Highlights from our kids

The family of Karl and Jenny Teichert are serving the Lord as missionaries with OC Africa, in South Africa. They moved to Johannesburg in November, 1997 with their four children; Ann, Scott, Stephen and John. Karl serves as the Southern Africa Director of the Southern Africa Regional Team. Their vision is to see a healthy, Bible-based church established in every unreached village and community in South Africa, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Zambia and beyond. Their strategy is to partner with key African church leaders to research, train, and mobilize the body of Christ to complete the Great Commission. They are striving to equip local leaders in Southern Africa to reach their nations for Christ and send missionaries into other countries as well.


Highlights from our kids

Dear Family and Friends,


Ann – Hello, friends and family. A quick update from me: this year I have been living in Johannesburg, where I have continued to work in HR in the area of recruitment. By God’s grace and strength, this month I have completed my Masters in Industrial Organizational Psychology. I am extremely grateful for the prayers and support of family and friends throughout this persevering journey.

Please pray for the Lord to provide new opportunities to grow in the field of Organizational Psychology.


Scott – This is my second year working at Design West Engineering Firm. I am enjoying working on fire alarm systems and lighting in schools and nursing homes. I plan to take my Professional Engineering exam in October.

I am involved in a new church with younger people and involved in a men’s small group during the week. This week, I was baptized! I wanted to make that public re-commitment to believing and trusting God with my life.

Please pray for wisdom in work and growth in my relationship with the Lord.

Stephen – This year I am finishing off my Computer Science Degree and hope to qualify for post-graduate studies next year. I have had the opportunity to be part of a start-up company with some of my university colleagues and friends. It has been an incredibly valuable learning experience for me thus far, and I am excited to see where God takes us in the near future. I am still quite involved with the worship team at our church and am continuing to grow in my abilities and leadership as one of the worship leaders in the band.

Please pray for my focus and perseverance in this final push for my degree, as well as finding a job in the software developing industry for next year.


John – This year I started a full-time job with Rooftop Production Company. I have been growing in cinematography and editing and using video as a tool to tell stories for positive change. I am enjoying and growing in my church community, as well as living in a house with eight other young Christian guys.

Please pray for work and the Lord’s leading for future studies, as well as my need for a car.

Thank you for your prayers and support We are grateful to the Lord for you!

In His family,

Karl and Jenny



OC Africa is an interdenominational ministry committed to developing, equipping, and mobilizing church leaders to multiply healthy, Bible-based churches in every community in Southern Africa and the world. OC is a faith-based mission who depends on the Lord to provide committed, financial supporters and partners. The contributions from these individuals help generate ministry opportunities around the world, impact missionaries and their global work, and provide a means for the International Mobilization Center to function. CLICK HERE to learn how YOU can be a part of mobilizing church leaders around the world by donating to OC.

No comments: