Friday, March 27, 2020

From ServLife International ... "Thank you for your prayers and support during my trip"

ServLife International is a movement defined by values of God’s kingdom, not programs built around human efforts and activities. The reign and rule of God should be made apparent to every person on the planet, despite their religion, race or socioeconomic status. We believe that issues of justice are inseparable from the good news that Jesus Christ came to proclaim. ServLife exists to take the gospel of Christ and the hope of a better, more just, world to the lives of people we touch. This happens through individual contributions of time, creativity, resources and dreams.



Thank you for your prayers and support during my trip

I'm back from my trip! Thank you for your prayers and support this month. It has been needed and means a lot.

My family did well during my trip, and the kids are now home remote learning from school for a while. I'm glad I'm home.

The Pastors' Conference was supposed to be this week, but due to global challenges with COVID-19 we decided to postpone. Last Saturday, things were escalating quickly in the USA, with all of my own children's schools deciding to close. The government of Nepal also started banning large gatherings and closing entertainment venues. The US Embassy has only confirmed one case in Nepal, but the government is taking extreme measures to keep people safe, which I totally agree with. So last Sunday my friend and photographer from Texas, Kyle, and I returned to Nepal early from India and by that evening he was on a flight home and I was the next day. We also cancelled fellow Texan Justin's trip.

It was hard to leave my friends in India and Nepal quickly, but I'm confident it was the right decision and I'm glad to be home with my family now. As more cases of COVID-19 are confirmed in India and Nepal, please pray for safety and protection for the people, children and pastors, and wisdom for government leaders.

Apart from my trip getting cut short by a week, it was a great experience. I got to spend time with 14 women concluding their one month of sewing training that also included Bible studies, church lay-leadership training and much more. When I visited their class we discussed Priscilla and Aquila, who sewed tents 2,000 years ago. They took Paul under their wing and discipled him in the way of Jesus, and the known world was changed due to their investment. God can use all of us no matter what our job is. We are all created in him to do good works in this world (Eph. 2:10).

I got to ride a motorcycle out to east Nepal with two of our national staff, and we visited six pastors in just a few days. It was great getting to visit them in their villages and meet people in their church. I look forward to sharing some of their stories in the months to come.

Kyle and I got to visit the school in India, and had a fun time playing with the kids and delivering sponsorship letters. We visited six of the kids' families and got to hear firsthand how this new school has created new opportunities for their children and families.

It was a great trip, and I'm so grateful to be in partnership with such amazing leaders in India and Nepal. I'm also grateful for you, and appreciate your prayers and support. During this uncertain time, may God give you peace and his divine Presence.

Thank you,




From Adam Nevins
Executive Director
ServLife International Inc.







Join Our Mission

ServLife International propels reconciliation and justice by building global community to plant churches, care for children and fight poverty. Compelled by the message, life and love of Jesus Christ, we seek to care for the spiritual, physical, social, and economic areas of life in northern India and Nepal.  Learn more about our latest news, featured stories, and how to get involved at servlife.org

Support a Pastor

Our church planters spread
the love of Christ in some of the most difficult
environments in the world.
Support Them ... 

Sponsor a Child

For only $30 per month you can help give a child food, education, care and, most importantly, hope.
Sponsor Now ... 

Fight Poverty

The HOPE Fund, our micro-finance program, provides start-up funds for a small business, paving a way out of poverty for families in need.
Learn More ...



ServLife International, Inc.
P.O. Box 20596
Indianapolis, IN 46220
USA


No comments: