Monday, June 8, 2020

In the News ... "Payton: Now is Midlanders’ time to thrive together"

MRT Photo by Mercedes Cordero
"Our local future will only truly be better if we never forget the lessons we are being forced to learn in this unique time in our shared history.”

Mayor Patrick Payton, Contributor
Midland Reporter-Telegram


MIDLAND, TEXAS - In this unique and challenging time I’m thankful to be able to share with you where my mind and heart happen to be. There is a saying used often in society, “When the going gets tough, the tough get going.” I think we are supposed to take that to mean the world works because of tough people. I’m not a fan of the statement for I think it falls short of better principles that need to be considered for our time. There are a few phrases I keep coming back to that are becoming more important and relevant to me these days ...

Read the rest of this MRT report ...

No comments: