Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Partners Blogcast: "Hope for the People of Burma"

Steve and Oddny Gumaer started Partners Relief & Development in response to the needs of refugees and displaced people from Burma. This blog is meant to be a more personal stream of conversation than newsletters allow for. The opinions expressed here may not be those of Partners Relief & Development.

Hope for the People of Burma

"I received the FBR report dated February 12 of recent events and it is easy to be discouraged. However, this week I have been reading through the book of Amos and I have been really encouraged and I share this with you all."

"Firstly, Amos 4:13 says 'He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals His thoughts to man; He who turns dawn to darkness, and treads the high places of the earth – the Lord God Almighty is His name.' This is the God whose eye is on Burma. This is the God who calls us His sons. This is the God working behind the scenes on behalf of the people of Burma and on behalf of Partners!"

"Then I got to Amos 9:13-15. The context of these verses is God speaking in regards to the nation of Israel. However, the heart of God never changes. He is always true to Himself. The principles of deliverance and restoration that God is espousing in these verses is (I believe) true today for the nation of Burma. So, I don’t think God would be offended if I alter some words to fit the context of what we are involved in. Therefore, I believe God says: "

“'The days are coming, declares the Lord, when the reaper will be overtaken by the plowman and the planter by the one treading grapes. New wine will drip from the mountains and flow from all the hills. I will bring back my exiled [internally displaced people of Burma]; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant [IDP's] in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them, says the Lord [their/your/our] God."

"The message puts in this way: 'They’ll rebuild their ruined [burnt] cities [villages]. They’ll plant vineyards and drink good wine. They’ll work their gardens and eat fresh vegetables. And I’ll plant them; plant them in their own land. They’ll never again be uprooted from the land I’ve given them.'

"As I read and have re-read these passages over recent days, I have sensed this is Gods heart for Burma. So, be encouraged. This is a fight to be won; change is coming! "

"Amos 5:24, 'But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream.' The days are coming when 'All mankind will fear; they will proclaim the works of God and ponder what He has done.'

Blessings to all you amazing Partners people! Stay strong and enjoy God!"

Don Noble

No comments: