Tuesday, July 16, 2013

In the News ... "New Shelter For Women And Children Set To Open In Midland"


By Jenne Anderson, Reporter
KMID-TV


MIDLAND, TEXAS - I was drug addicted since I was 13 years old," said Cupp-Lewis. "Drugs and alcohol, cocaine, marijuana, pretty much anything."

Lewis says she went to 13 rehab centers to try and overcome her addiction, but it wasn't until she enrolled in the Genesis Program in Kaufman Texas that she noticed a difference.

"I couldn't change my life," explained Cupp-Lewis, "I just kept falling back into the same pattern. For me going to the Genesis Center was a life changing event."

Now more women in the Basin will get that same opportunity, now that the Genesis Center is planning to turn the old Trinity Presbyterian Church into a free shelter for women and children.
 • read/watch the rest of this story

No comments: