Monday, July 1, 2013

Invitation to Prayer

Faces of Children is an ecumenical prayer ministry under the auspices of First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas. Our mission is to initiate ministries of prayer for children in churches, communities, and neighborhoods. In doing so, we seek to provide an opportunity for people of God to join together, learn about children and their needs throughout the world, and celebrate Christ's love (especially as it relates to children).

Gratitude for the Body


Dearly God,
As I rise up, I thank you for the opportunity to be on this earth.
I thank you for my mind and body.
I thank you for my life.
Please bless my body and use it for your purposes.
May I rise up strong today, and may my body and soul radiate your love.
May all impurities be cast out of my mind, my heart, my body.
May every cell of my being be filled with your light.
May my body and mind both be illumined for your sake and for the sake of all the world.
Amen."


Illuminata, a Return to Prayer
by Marianne Williamson

A message from Chris Laufer, Coordinator, Faces of Children

Greetings, Faces of Children Prayer Partner,

In the opening section of the chapter Prayers for the Body in Marianne Williamson's book Illuminata, she writes about the body not being separate from the mind.


"As we relinquish our primitive mechanistic perspective and appreciate again the influence of the soul, we embrace a different attitude toward the body. The body is a reflection of thought. God's thought is our salvation in all things. God's thought about the body is that it is here for one function: to experience love and to extend love, to help communicate to the children of God that true life is, in fact, beyond the body. The body is a holy lesson in communion and should be seen and treated as a sacred trust. Thoughts of aggression, unforgiveness, conflict, and fear, tear down the body because they tear down the soul. Healed thoughts produce healing, in body as well as mind."

A good friend reminds me often to speak what I want to create ... to speak words of healing...to think thoughts of healing...instead of beating myself up because of some perceived fault with my body. He reminds me that I am worthy of loving, and harder still for me, that I am worthy of loving myself.

What a wonderful reminder that we are all deeply, dearly loved by our Creator who wants us to share that love with one another, as well as ourselves!

lease join us as we pray for children at the Midland Faces of Children prayer meeting on Wednesday, July 3, 2013 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bride’s room at First Presbyterian Church-Midland, with lunch ($5) and fellowship to follow.


If you have prayer concerns or celebrations about children, those who care for them, those who have authority over them, or those who harm them (the really hard prayers to say sometimes), please send them to me at at claufer@facesofchildren.net, or give me a call.

Giving thanks for this life and this love,

Chris

No comments: