Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Today in the PC-USA Mission Yearbook

The Mission Yearbook for Prayer and Study is a daily devotional with 365 inspiring mission stories that come from next door and all across the globe. It inspires thousands of Presbyterians daily as they uphold the mission of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) in intercessory prayer. The stories in the 2013 Mission Yearbook were gathered around the question of Jesus to his disciples, “How many loaves have you?” from Mark 6:38. The book is filled with stories of God’s abundance in the face of overwhelming needs and a scarcity of resources.

Today in the Mission Yearbook: July 30, 2013


TAIWAN - In 1999 the Presbyterian Church in Taiwan asked me to plant a college ministry in Hualien. The Hualien Aboriginal Campus Ministry (HACM) began at Tzu Chi Buddhist Technical College with three students. I met them at a print shop while copying English-language gospel songs. One of the students asked me to teach the songs I was copying, so I invited her and her friends to come to our mission center near their school. The following week they came to learn. We met for many weeks as I taught them the songs and explained the lyrics. When they asked me why I was willing to take the time to teach them, I told them the story of God’s love through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. I shared the grace and love with them.

CLICK HERE to read more.

No comments: