Monday, November 28, 2016

In the News ... "Salvation Army needs more bell ringers"

KWES Photo
• "It's been very rewarding and satisfying ..."

By Gerald Tracy, Multi-Media Journalist
KWES-TV


MIDLAND, TEXAS - Johnny Owens has been a bell ringer for a little while now.

"This is my first year actually," said Owens. "I started on the 19th."

He said he just moved to Midland recently and the opportunity came up.

"I had a bucket list of different jobs I wanted to do and seeing Miracle on 34th Street, watching the Bell Ringers, I always thought, 'well that'd be pretty neat to do it,' said Owens. "Well they were advertising it and I needed a job and the Salvation Army helped me and my family out when I first moved here."

Now, he's working as much as he can, and loving every bit of it ...

read/watch the rest of this KWES report 


Courtesy Photo

No comments: