Thursday, September 19, 2019

From @mmm_water ... 2019 Well Season: Daily Devotional

September 14 - October 28 is Marion Medical Mission Well Season for 2019. The season will include daily devotionals - one for each day the U.S. volunteers are overseas, sharing the love of Jesus by providing safe, clean, sustainable sources of drinking water to the extreme poor in sub-Saharan Africa. Marion Medical Mission is one of our mission partners at Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas, and we STRONGLY encourage you to read these devotions to learn more about - and pray for! - their mission.

September 19, 2019

YOUR JOY MAY BE COMPLETE
Innocent Deus
MMM Field Officer, Tanzania

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.” John 15:9-11

A spontaneous interchange of life, love and joy flows between God and God the Son. The force that attracts and unites is so personal and real. Jesus desires this same bond between us and His own person. But we all experience moments of tension; the accomplished fact of a person manifesting undeniable gifts of the spirit and yet thinking and acting in a way different from our acceptable norm of life.

We meet people who are sincere, authentic, gifted with common sense, yet unable to agree with one another. Dearly beloved, let us ask our Lord to grant us discern- ment always to see the good in others and not focus on their differences between us. Let all our actions prepare for a conversion that reunites into one family in Christ. As Mary Zimmerman said “Let me die the moment my love dies, let me not outlive my own capacity to love, let me die still loving and so, never die.”

Application Question: Are you ready to love your friend regardless of his/her place of origin?

Prayer: Dear God, We are here because You loved us unconditionally, You were tortured and died for us, we ask Your holy spirit to guide us in our mission. The skills and talent we have, let them be a blessing to the people we serve hence Your agape love can be manifested through provision of clean and safe water to the marginalized community. Amen




Looking for Easy Ways to Help?

Follow us on social media! Liking, commenting on, and sharing our posts helps increase our exposure so that new supporters will find us! Writing a quick, 5-star review on Google or recommending us on Facebook are also great ways to share our mission!

Visit Our Website ...


No comments: