Monday, September 14, 2020

From @mmm_water ... 2020 Well Season: Daily Devotional

September 1 - October 31 is Marion Medical Mission Well Season for 2021. The season will include daily devotionals - one for each day the U.S. volunteers are overseas, sharing the love of Jesus by providing safe, clean, sustainable sources of drinking water to the extreme poor in sub-Saharan Africa. Marion Medical Mission is one of our mission partners at Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas, and we STRONGLY encourage you to read these devotions to learn more about - and pray for! - their mission.


September 14, 2021

WILL YOU EVER FORGET ME?
David Cole
Volunteer, Wyoming

"Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your soul."
Matthew 11:29

I was in the area of Lundazi, Zambia. It was my second day out with Goodwin Banda. We had stopped in a small community approximately 20 miles south of Lundazi to pick up our construction foreman Peter. When Peter got in the truck, I knew there was something different about him. Peter is about my height and somewhat rounder I must say, but not fat.

Peter and I became friends, and whenever we were together Peter and I had a great time. On one occasion when I had finished taking pictures of the local villagers, Peter asked if I would take his picture. As we stood looking at the picture of Peter, he asked me a question. Peter said, “David, will you ever forget me?” I could not help myself, I started to cry and I said, “Oh no, Peter, I will never forget you, my friend.”

This is what Jesus asks us when He says, “Take My yoke upon you. Let Me teach you to be humble and gentle. I will give you a peace that passes all understanding. When you are yoked with Jesus, the yoke does not pinch or have sharp edges. It doesn’t bind. When our load seems too heavy and our burdens weigh us down, we start to lose our focus. With a sweet gentle voice Jesus says, “Will you ever forget me?”

Application Question: Who are you yoked with today? How does Jesus make your yoke easier?

Prayer: Oh Lord, I ask of you just one question, or should I say favor. Please never let me forget my friend Peter and all the rest of my friends I have come to love and know in Zambia. You see, Lord, now that I am yoked with You, I have rest in my soul. Amen.



Looking for Easy Ways to Help?

Follow us on social media! Liking, commenting on, and sharing our posts helps increase our exposure so that new supporters will find us! Writing a quick, 5-star review on Google or recommending us on Facebook are also great ways to share our mission!

Visit Our Website ...

No comments: