Tuesday, September 15, 2020

From @mmm_water ... 2020 Well Season: Daily Devotional

September 1 - October 31 is Marion Medical Mission Well Season for 2019. The season will include daily devotionals - one for each day the U.S. volunteers are overseas, sharing the love of Jesus by providing safe, clean, sustainable sources of drinking water to the extreme poor in sub-Saharan Africa. Marion Medical Mission is one of our mission partners at Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas, and we STRONGLY encourage you to read these devotions to learn more about - and pray for! - their mission.

September 15, 2020

WHO GOD CREATED US TO BE
Happy Kamsonga
MMM Field Officer, Malawi

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and do not forget all his benefits - who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the Pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good as long as you live so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.”
Psalm 103:1-5

Let me start by sharing my true story with you. Both of my parents passed away some 20 years ago leaving four children. I am the only boy in the family of four, the only thing which I had to worry about was my two-week-old sister. There was no one to look after her, who could afford to buy milk for her survival, and after a week it turned into my sister’s departure. It was terrible for us being children to stay as a family.

When I was six years old my granny got me to her house and I started primary school by the grace of God. I was selected to a national secondary school but there was no one to pay my fees, and I cried over and over because school was my only priority in my life because I could see people doing good through school.

God is good, God is good! In 2009 my grandma asked my uncle to help me with school fees, with the grace of God I finished my secondary school. I wished to attend college but fees were nowhere to be seen, but I kept on praying that God should intervene in my dream of getting educated. My granny and uncle kept on pushing until I got an advanced diploma in social science specialized in community development. When I finished I really wanted to work, I kept praying to God asking his favor, and one day a certain Man of God prayed with me and he said your prayer has been answered and you are getting employed. I couldn’t believe it. My eyes were full tears of joy.

Most are hard times when we need something for ourselves but we don’t need to rush into, but put God first because God never fails, he does things in his planned time. Most times we want miracles to happen to us without embracing the Holy Ghost first. Things are supposed to happen not like how we think. First thing to do is to seek the kingdom of God. Miracles from above will flow like water in the ocean and you start wondering why this to me, just know that God is powerful, never fails.

Application Question: Do we know and believe that everything happening in our lives is from above?

Prayer: Our heavenly father thank you for everything in my life, it wasn’t my generosity but yours, you are the merciful God, help us love one another and share the love of Christ, people are blessed in your own will, let them share with family and friends, give us loving hearts father. I pray today and forever and ever more. Amen.




Looking for Easy Ways to Help?

Follow us on social media! Liking, commenting on, and sharing our posts helps increase our exposure so that new supporters will find us! Writing a quick, 5-star review on Google or recommending us on Facebook are also great ways to share our mission!

Visit Our Website ...


No comments: