Friday, September 2, 2016

Today in the PC-USA Mission Yearbook


The Mission Yearbook for Prayer and Study is a daily devotional with 365 inspiring mission stories that come from next door and all across the globe. It inspires thousands of Presbyterians daily as they uphold the mission of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) in intercessory prayer.

Today in the Mission Yearbook: September 2, 2016

HAITI MISSION CO-WORKER REFLECTS ON VALUES OF EDUCATION - The pair of shiny, ankle-high boy’s boots sat in my kitchen most of that day.

I’d seen Paul Sinette standing outside the gate when I left my house that morning. Paul Sinette works in my house, usually showing up about 9:30 each morning. She cooks, cleans house, and generally makes my life better.

She teaches me about the culture of Haiti by sharing her life with me. She tries hard to understand the American lifestyle that I often revert to, sometimes preferring French fries and macaroni and cheese to the Creole meals of rice and beans, soups, and natural juices.

But mostly, through her devotion to her 10-year-old son, Carlins, she teaches me the value of an education in this impoverished country ...

CLICK HERE to read more.

No comments: