Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Word from Uganda: "When car searching led to a morning full of tears …"

Missionary teacher Natalie Rolfe writes, "'When He calls me, I will answer ... I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.' My call was Mbale, Uganda and that is where I have returned to serve for another year. Specifically, I am teaching phonics at Lulwanda Children's Home, an orphanage and school for 90 kids." Natalie also keeps an online journal of her service at the weblog, When He calls me, I will answer ...

Photo by Natalie Rolfe
When car searching led to a morning full of tears …

A normal morning last week started out well.I was strong and proud, feeling independent and capable. I was collecting information about new terms and details that 9+ years in Africa had left me only mildly aware of. I was feeling confident about my preferences that I was discovering that I wanted in a car. I was even feeling hopeful that I might get a better deal than first expected.

As I wrote out my findings in an email to my Dad, the master of all deal-finders, I suddenly had tears rolling down my cheek, each moment led to more at a faster pace (truth be told, even as I am writing this now, my eyes are brimming with tears). And then the gentle sobs of a grieving heart began, again ...

 • read the rest of Natalie's post ...

No comments: