Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Partners Blog: "Loving the Rohingya"

Steve and Oddny Gumaer started Partners Relief and Development in response to the needs of refugees and displaced people from Burma, and now in the Middle East, as well. Their mission is to demonstrate, through holistic action, God’s love to children and communities made vulnerable by war in Southeast Asia, the Middle East and other conflict zones.

PR&D Photo
Loving the Rohingya

It would be silly if I were to tell my baby boy that he needs to see and understand the world the way I do before I can love him. No, my love should and does flow without reservation even when he pinches my face and pulls out my hair and throws his food to the dog when mama says no. If I were to look into his big blue eyes and tell him that “mama cannot love you unless you first believe what I think is true to be true!” I would not be a reasonable or kind mother at all.

This expression of selfless love is one most of us can relate to, either by having parents or being one. Mothers give, love, and pour out without thank yous and acknowledgement from the little ones they chase around and rock to sleep at night.

While most of us celebrate the image of a sleep-deprived mama humming a lullaby to the baby in her arms, we may feel differently when that image is replaced by ...

read the rest of this post ...




Partners Relief and Development is a registered charity in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Norway, the United Kingdom and the United States. "We’re a small, grassroots nonprofit passionate about making a big impact in communities affected by conflict and oppression, demonstrating God’s love to children and giving them the opportunity to live free, full lives." For more information aboput Partners, visit their website at partners.ngo/

No comments: