Monday, June 10, 2019

Invitation to Prayer from Faces of Children ... Wednesday


Faces of Children is an ecumenical prayer ministry under the auspices of First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas. Their mission is to initiate ministries of prayer for children in churches, communities, and neighborhoods. In doing so, they seek to provide an opportunity for people of God to join together, learn about children and their needs throughout the world, and celebrate Christ's love (especially as it relates to children).


Invitation to Prayer ... Wednesday

Hi Friends,

If you're in Midland this week, we'll be meeting at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 12, for prayer. We meet in the prayer closet at First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas. Please join us in lifting up the needs of vulnerable children in our community and around the world!

For the summer months would you prefer to move our meeting time back to 11:30?

This week I'd like to invite you to pray for our Kindness Campaign, which has already raised over $2,500 and the South Africa Mission Trip which leaves this upcoming Sunday. I also continue to hear heartbreaking stories from our border, Yemen, the Rohingya, foster children, and others around the world... there's no end to the ways we can pray for the world's vulnerable children.



I also wanted to take a moment in this email to ask for your input. As some of you know, I've accepted a new position with First Presbyterian Church to serve as Outreach Coordinator alongside our Outreach Pastor, Walter Thompson. In some ways, I've been unofficially trying to serve in some aspects of this role for the last few years. But in this official capacity, I've taken on some additional responsibilities here at the church. As a result, I need to reorder some of my time and priorities. My intention has been to continue meeting with the Faces prayer group and also to continue sending out prayer emails, and I can certainly still move in that direction. (The last couple of weeks have been an anomaly as I adjusted to the new role and also prepared for VBS. I'm sorry for the poor communication!)

But I also recognize that as seasons change for me, seasons may have changed for many intercessors. Not that you've stopped praying, but I do think Faces of Children served as a launching off point for many of you into deeper engagement with other ministries. To that end, I'm not sure what transformations Faces of Children should perhaps undergo... but since I'm already in a season of change, I felt like now might be the best time to ask.

If you have ideas of how you see this ministry best taking shape, I'd love to hear them. I'd also like to hear from you if you find God has been leading you in other directions and into other ministry opportunities. Do you find the weekly email to be a critical part of this ministry? Would you perhaps prefer a monthly digest or simply cease it altogether and simply meet together in person to pray?

For those intercessors outside of our church, how do you utilize these emails in your life? Would you feel a void if you didn't receive them?

I don't know what the future of Faces of Children holds, but I wanted us to start exploring and discerning what God might have in store for us. I have zero doubt His plans continue to include that we pray for vulnerable children. I can think of nothing more close to his heart.

Blessings,

Carrie

Carrie J. McKean
Faces of Children Director
First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas
(432) 684-7821 x153

No comments: