Monday, February 14, 2011

Invitation to Prayer

Faces of Children is an ecumenical prayer ministry under the auspices of First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas. Our mission is to initiate ministries of prayer for children in churches, communities, and neighborhoods. In doing so, we seek to provide an opportunity for people of God to join together, learn about children and their needs throughout the world, and celebrate Christ's love (especially as it relates to children).

"Prayers for Work and Creativity"

""Dear God,

Before I go to work today, please lift my mind to the realm of Truth.
May I remember and not forget throughout the day that my only work is to love, for your sake, that the world might be renewed.
I think of my workplace-the people, the circumstances, the situations - and I surrender them to you.
I remember, Lord, that this is but a veil across a truer truth.
I withdraw my judgments, my interpretations, my agendas.
I ask only to be a healing force.
This business is but a front for a temple, a healing place where all shall be lifted above the insanity of a frightened world.
So may it be that I contribute to this healing, to this upliftment, with my efforts and my resources.
And that is all I ask.

Dear God,

Send your angels to every person at my workplace, to every person who will come there today and forever.
If I am tempted to judge or criticize anyone, please heal me of my limited vision.
May I see only the truth.
May I work from integrity and excellence and full force of your power within me, that I may know my true strength and contribute it to this world.
May my presence at work be a blessing on others and on myself.
Thank you, God, for showing me the way now and forever.
Thank you. Amen."

Illuminata By Marianne Williamson

A message from Chris Laufer, Coordinator, Faces of Children

Greetings, Faces of Children Prayer Partner,

When I read this prayer, it brought to mind my office, deep within the administrative offices of a church, and the people with whom I spend my weekdays. Even if you don't work in an office, you can make this prayer your own. Think about the work in which you are involved every day. Is it a traditional job with a paycheck every couple of weeks; or commission or hourly work? Perhaps you are retired and your "work" is more volunteer-oriented. Or maybe you are unemployed right now and your "work" is seeking work. Perhaps you are a student and work to learn a profession or vocation. Or do you work from home raising a family or a start up business or both? Maybe your "work" is recovering from surgery or illness.

Did you know that when you pray for children, you are doing some very hard work in God's Kingdom? Praying for children isn't easy, you know that. There are so many devastating issues and situations that affect and involve children that it's easy to become overwhelmed. Staying focused in prayer for hurting children requires courage and strength and patience and hard work. Thank you for taking on this challenging work day after day. You are a blessing indeed!

I hope you will be able to join us on Wednesday, Februuary 16, 2011 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bride’s Room at
First Presbyterian Church, Midland, where, together, we will tackle this challenging work of praying for children. We will have fellowship and lunch ($5) after our prayer gathering.

If you have prayer concerns or celebrations about children at risk, those who care for them, have authority over them, or, yes, even those who harm them, please send them to me at at
claufer@facesofchildren.net, or give me a call. Thank you for your prayers for the children of our community and world.

Thanks be to God for the gift of prayer work,

Chris

No comments: