Monday, June 10, 2013

Invitation to Prayer

Faces of Children is an ecumenical prayer ministry under the auspices of First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas. Our mission is to initiate ministries of prayer for children in churches, communities, and neighborhoods. In doing so, we seek to provide an opportunity for people of God to join together, learn about children and their needs throughout the world, and celebrate Christ's love (especially as it relates to children).

Prayer for Myself

Dearly beloved God,
In whom I lay my trust,
Please give me new life.
Fill every cell of my being, transform each thought, cleanse every heartbeat,
That I might be as you would have me be.
Take away the darkness of my past.
Fill me with your blessing and graciousness.
Allow me rebirth from the many deaths I have endured in this life.
Dear God,
I have been through the wars.
Where I have been weak, please make me strong.
Where I perceive myself as guilty, please show me my innocence.
Where I block my healing or full empowerment or full experience of love and joy,
please show me my wound and take from me its sting.
May I experience the beauty, the abundance, the power and the joy that is your wish for all humankind,
That I might be a vessel for these things in the lives of others.
The wicked in myself and others has tormented me.
Please cast away that darkness from my life.
I know yours is the power,
I know yours are the holy truths, the currents of love and power that remain,
And so I ask, dear God, please remove the burdens on my heart,
Cast out the demons from my mind and my environs.
May I see the light at the center of my being.
I believe in your power within me.
I know it is there.
Dear God, help me find it.
I have faith in your light.
Please show it to me that I might give up the fight to be anything other than who I am ...
Please hold my hand ...
Please move me forward.
Thank you, Lord.
Amen."


Illuminata, a Return to Prayer
by Marianne Williamson

A message from Chris Laufer, Coordinator, Faces of Children

Greetings, Faces of Children Prayer Partner,

The Midland Faces of Children prayer group will meet to pray for children on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bride’s room at First Presbyterian Church-Midland, with lunch ($5) and fellowship to follow.


If you have prayer concerns or celebrations about children, those who care for them, those who have authority over them, or those who harm them (the really hard prayers to say sometimes), please send them to me at at claufer@facesofchildren.net, or give me a call.

Grace and peace,

Chris

No comments: