Monday, June 17, 2013

Invitation to Prayer

Faces of Children is an ecumenical prayer ministry under the auspices of First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas. Our mission is to initiate ministries of prayer for children in churches, communities, and neighborhoods. In doing so, we seek to provide an opportunity for people of God to join together, learn about children and their needs throughout the world, and celebrate Christ's love (especially as it relates to children).

Prayer for Relationships


Dearly God,
Show me the light at the center of my brothers and sisters.
Show me the light at the center of myself.
Show me the light at the center of the world.
Where I see guilt, show me innocence.
Where I focus on mistakes, show me how to focus on efforts at good.
Help me have faith in the goodness of others.
Help me have faith in your spirit within me.
Thus may darkness be cast out.
May I cleave to the light that is in my heart.
This is my prayer.
May I see the light in everyone.
Amen."


Illuminata, a Return to Prayer
by Marianne Williamson

A message from Chris Laufer, Coordinator, Faces of Children

Greetings, Faces of Children Prayer Partner,

Each and every week at our Faces of Children prayer meeting in Midland, Texas, you are lifted in prayer along with the hundreds and hundreds of other intercessors who so faithfully pray for children in this concert of prayer. Each and every Wednesday morning at First Presbyterian Church, we give thanks for your faithfulness and devotion to the children of our hearts, our communities, and our world. Each and every Faces of Children prayer meeting, we give God thanks for you!

"Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself paying for you with a glad heart."
Philippians 1:3-4, The Message

The Midland Faces of Children prayer group will meet to pray for children on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bride’s room at First Presbyterian Church-Midland, with lunch ($5) and fellowship to follow.


If you have prayer concerns or celebrations about children, those who care for them, those who have authority over them, or those who harm them (the really hard prayers to say sometimes), please send them to me at at claufer@facesofchildren.net, or give me a call.

Grace and peace,

Chris

No comments: