Friday, August 1, 2014

Today in the PC-USA Mission Yearbook

The Mission Yearbook for Prayer and Study is a daily devotional with 365 inspiring mission stories that come from next door and all across the globe. It inspires thousands of Presbyterians daily as they uphold the mission of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) in intercessory prayer. How often have you wondered, where are the young adults in the PC(USA)? Wonder no longer. The 2014 Presbyterian Mission Yearbook for Prayer and Study is devoted to the theme of young adults in the church. Its stories, many told by young adults, lift up how Presbyterians of all ages are engaging and joining with Presbyterian young adults in reforming the church for Christ’s mission.

Today in the Mission Yearbook: August 1, 2014


INDIA - Sharmila (Shar-me-lah) is a Dalit Christian and computer-science student in her final year at CSI Ewart Women’s Christian College, Church of South India. A member of a people denied education for 2,000 years, she reflects on her educational aspirations.

"I want to teach a class while my father watches me. ‘Study well; you can become a teacher,’ he told me when I was young. This is my desire, since no one in my family ever studied before. So many people who want to study don’t have the money. I can’t help everyone, but I can help one child, right from the start, all the way through college ...

CLICK HERE
to read more.

No comments: