Wednesday, September 29, 2021

From @mmm_water ... 2021 Well Season: Daily Devotional

September 1 - October 31 is Marion Medical Mission Well Season for 2019. The season will include daily devotionals - one for each day the U.S. volunteers are overseas, sharing the love of Jesus by providing safe, clean, sustainable sources of drinking water to the extreme poor in sub-Saharan Africa. Marion Medical Mission is one of our mission partners at Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas, and we STRONGLY encourage you to read these devotions to learn more about - and pray for! - their mission.

September 29, 2021

IN THE EYES OF THE CHILDREN
Dan Kingery
Volunteer, Illinois

These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6:6-7

I remember on the last night we were in Malawi in 2012, all the volunteers had gathered to worship. One of the things we discussed was “Where have you seen God while you have been here?” My answer was easy, “In the eyes of the children.” I also remember that incredible impression the children made upon my heart.

The first year, I think, has the most impact on you. It hits you for the first time just how different people live around the world. You see how people are impacted by circumstances they have no control over and how in some ways being less fortunate is not that bad. I know that sounds odd, how can being poor not affect you? Well, the children seem just as happy, if not happier, than the children I see every day here in the land of plenty. I have never seen so many smiles in my whole life. The children, I will admit, are why I have returned three times and hope to go again. Those brown eyes and beautiful smiles greet me everywhere I go. While the grownups are a little reserved (after all I have been told in some villages, I was the first white man to ever visit and in one case the first white person they had ever seen) the children are always smiling and happy and will even hold my hand as I walk to the well.

If in some way I can show the children of Malawi, Tanzania or Zambia how living the word of God will make the world a better place, my day is done. I have not made Africa a better place, it has made me a better person.

b>Application Question: How will you make the world a better place?

Prayer: Our Gracious and Heavenly Father, may we all be able to teach and to learn that following your loving ways, living your word and being your hands and feet are the best way to spread smiles and joy to our world. Amen.





Looking for Easy Ways to Help?

Follow us on social media! Liking, commenting on, and sharing our posts helps increase our exposure so that new supporters will find us! Writing a quick, 5-star review on Google or recommending us on Facebook are also great ways to share our mission!

Visit Our Website ...


No comments: