Tuesday, September 26, 2023

From @mmm_water ... 2023 Well Season: Daily Devotional

September 1 - October 31 is Marion Medical Mission Well Season for 2023. The season will include daily devotionals - one for each day the U.S. volunteers are overseas, sharing the love of Jesus by providing safe, clean, sustainable sources of drinking water to the extreme poor in sub-Saharan Africa. Marion Medical Mission is one of our mission partners at Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas, and we STRONGLY encourage you to read these devotions to learn more about - and pray for! - their mission.

September 26, 2023

DO NOT WORRY
Jamie Jones
Volunteer, Georgia

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?" Matthew 6:25

A full group of MMM U.S. volunteers hasn’t returned to Africa since 2019, yet work continued even with Covid rearing its ugly head. In the next three years our African partners masterfully continued the work without us! Fast forward to this year’s well season having a full complement of volunteers traveling from the U.S.

I am on the first team this year and when notified, my first feelings were of joy and excitement. After it sank in that I was heading to Malawi in September, little nagging feelings started to crop up; can I manage the driving again? What about the recording of data? Will I remember to order the food at the lodges and buy all of the food and drink for the MMM folks with me?

I quickly realized this is exactly God has told us to stop doing, particularly in Matthew 6:25-34 and Luke 12:25!

God has given so much to MMM — literally from the ground up — this is his “I’ve got this” lesson to me! From well digging to funding and planning, God repeatedly proves that He’s given MMM the people and tools to get His work done!

Just to reassure us further, the Bible evidently has hundreds of passages on trusting Him and not worrying. Today as we go into the field I will take these passages with me as a reminder also that “I can do all things through him who strengthens me” (Phillipians 4:13).

Application Question: How will I remember to trust God today?

Prayer: Dear God, as we go through this day, help us remember that You are with us, now and always. Amen



Looking for Easy Ways to Help?

Follow us on social media! Liking, commenting on, and sharing our posts helps increase our exposure so that new supporters will find us! Writing a quick, 5-star review on Google or recommending us on Facebook are also great ways to share our mission!

Visit Our Website ...


No comments: