Thursday, September 14, 2023

From @mmm_water ... 2023 Well Season: Daily Devotional

September 1 - October 31 is Marion Medical Mission Well Season for 2023. The season will include daily devotionals - one for each day the U.S. volunteers are overseas, sharing the love of Jesus by providing safe, clean, sustainable sources of drinking water to the extreme poor in sub-Saharan Africa. Marion Medical Mission is one of our mission partners at Grace Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas, and we STRONGLY encourage you to read these devotions to learn more about - and pray for! - their mission.

September 14, 2023

SO MY SOUL PANTS FOR YOU
Tiffany Howey
Volunteer, Colorado

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?” Psalm 42:1-2

I was praying about what verse to write about for this devotional and Psalm 42:1-2 immediately came to mind. I began to read the chapter and instantly felt connected to it.

I have been longing for God. I have been working in a mental health clinic with very few other believers there. I have been attending a college full of students and professors who ask me “Where is your God?” (Psalm 42:3b). And I have been struggling. My spiritual thirst has been increasing and I frequently find myself asking, “When can I go and meet with God?” (Psalm 42:2b).

Sometimes I wonder how much longer this dry season is going to go on. And then I remember that God is faithful. God has heard the cries of His thirsty children in Africa and He has told them that they will thirst no more. I remember witnessing the “shouts of joy and praise among the festive throng” (Psalm 42:4b) as God’s children in Africa rejoice at His provision and watch the once dry places flow with water. He has provided for them. And He will provide for me, and He will provide for you.

So friends, whether you are in Africa, the United States, or somewhere else altogether, whatever challenges you are facing today, let us remember to “put our hope in God, for we will yet praise Him, our Savior and our God” (Psalm 42:11b).

Application Question: How are you panting for God? Do you trust God to provide for you in your spiritual and physical thirsts?

Prayer: Lord, teach us to trust You to provide for all our physical and spiritual needs. You are good, and You are faithful. Please encourage us and let us shine brightly for You as we carry out Your work around the world today. Amen



Looking for Easy Ways to Help?

Follow us on social media! Liking, commenting on, and sharing our posts helps increase our exposure so that new supporters will find us! Writing a quick, 5-star review on Google or recommending us on Facebook are also great ways to share our mission!

Visit Our Website ...


No comments: