Monday, June 7, 2010

In the News ... "Miller to bring her music, story of hope to Midland"

Miller to bring her music, story of hope to Midland
By Megan Lea Buck
Assistant Lifestyle Editor
Midland Reporter-Telegram

MIDLAND, TEXAS - In 1987, pop, country and gospel music singer Jody Miller released an album of patriotic songs. "I had always wanted to do patriotic music and I'm glad I did," she said.

A year after releasing the album, Miller was asked to perform during stops on the campaign trail of former President George H.W. Bush. "I was happy to do that," she said. "That was something in my career that I will always be thankful for, even though I am a Democrat."

Miller will visit the hometown of the other President Bush when she performs June 12 and 13 at St. Paul's United Methodist Church, 4501 Thomason Drive. She will sing at a concert for the public at 7 p.m. June 12 and again at 10 a.m. June 13, during the church's Sunday morning worship service. The Saturday evening performance is free and open to the community; a goodwill offering will be accepted to offset the expenses of the event. Both performances will be in the church's sanctuary.

CLICK HERE to read the rest of the MRT story

No comments: