Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Invitation to Prayer

Faces of Children is an ecumenical prayer ministry under the auspices of First Presbyterian Church of Midland, Texas. Our mission is to initiate ministries of prayer for children in churches, communities, and neighborhoods. In doing so, we seek to provide an opportunity for people of God to join together, learn about children and their needs throughout the world, and celebrate Christ's love (especially as it relates to children).

"A return to Prayer ..."

"Dear God,
Please remove from my mind the tendency to judge.
Please remove from my mind the tendency to hate.
Please remove from my mind the tendency to blame.
Please reveal to me, God, a way to stand in my power, through love instead of fear, and through peace instead of violence.
May I hear not the voice for anger, but only the voice for love.
And teach me, dear God, how not to hate those who hate me.
Transform all darkness into light, dear God, and use my mind as an instrument of your harmlessness.
I surrender to you my thoughts of violence.
Take these thoughts, God, and wash them clean.
Thank you very much.
Amen."
Illuminata, a Return to Prayer by Marianne Williamson

A message from Chris Laufer, Coordinator, Faces of Children

Greetings, Faces of Children Prayer Partner,

Please join us for a time of prayer for the children of our world this
coming Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bride's room at
First Presbyterian Church, Midland. We'll have lunch ($5) and fellowship after our time of prayer.

If you have prayer concerns or celebrations about children at risk, those who care for them, have authority over them, or, yes, even those who harm them, please send them to me at at
claufer@facesofchildren.net, or give me a call.

Grace and peace,
Chris

No comments: