Saturday, September 18, 2010

Got Prayer? ... Got Bear?

(there's no charge ... just look for one of the baskets inside any of the main doors of the church, which is located on the northwest corner of Texas and A streets, at the west edge of downtown Midland)

Dear Friend,
I'm Just a teddy bear, it's true,
but I have a message to bring to you;
I've been to church, and sat in a pew,
and I've been hugged by quite a few;
I've bowed my head when they said a prayer;
I've been charged with love by those who care.
And now I've come to live with you -
to bring you joy when you are blue,
to let you know that others care
and want all your days and nights to share.
So keep me close and squeeze me tight,
and know God's love makes all things right.

With our prayers for you,
In Touch Ministry, First Presbyterian Church

When you've had your time with me,
maybe you can set me free
to someone else who needs a prayer,
to show that God is always there.

No comments: